Date: 31.01.2015 - 01.02.2015
Route: 25 km / 45 km FT - 30 km CT
The historical mining city is located in the middle of the mountains of Kremnica (Kremnické vrchy), where gold was already mined in the 11th century. The city was mentioned in 1328 for the first time. In 1329 the first silver coins were produced. Later they also produced ducats of gold. The ducats of Kremnica were the best known and most popular coins in Europe. The center is dominated by the castle with a doubled wall and the oldest monument – the roman rotunda of the 13th century.