Dear Euroloppet friends,
Probably all of us, you runners, the organizers of the Euroloppet Champion Races and us at the European Ski Marathon Association, as the umbrella organization of Euroloppet, are facing a difficult winter.
We would like to give you some information here on how the events of the Euroloppet Champion Races in winter 2021 might look like.
- Basically, of course, everything depends on the location and the current level of corona infection at the time of the event.
- You can be assured that all Euroloppet Champion Races have dealt intensively with the situation together and will do everything possible to offer you the Euroloppet events.
First of all, all Euroloppet Champion Races plan with the normal event schedule
Which requirements of the approval authorities do we have to adjust to?
In the following we try to show you some situations that could await you:
- Maintain a safety distance of 1.5 m (without skis) - during the entire event!
- The organizer must avoid gatherings of people by means of control!
(Pick-up of bib numbers, access to the start, etc.)
- Wear a mask everywhere except when running
- Mask when accessing the start - starting grid -
at the finish and on the way out of the stadium
- Starting grid with skis
- No spectators
- Access to the start and trails
- Supervisors / service people - registration in advance
Registration - bib pick-up
- Online registration only
- Start numbers
Catering - other
- Route catering
- Target catering
- Food after the race
- No communal catering
- No changing and shower facilities
- Award ceremonies
The organizer must put in place suitable technical measures to prevent several participants from coming together in a confined space.
For example, by waiting lines, locks, entrance and exit spatially separated, limited number of people at the entrance, or the like.
Basically it can be assumed that there may be participant limitations!
It is possible that a mask is required during the event (from arrival to departure).
One possibility: Each participant wears a Euroloppet PAC / scarf as a mask. Even at the start entrance!
"Unmasking" shortly before the start - after crossing the finish line, PAC masks are again required - pull up PAC.
Distance laterally due to the track width approx. 1.00 m
Distance one after the other about 1.00 m from the ski to the person in front
- If possible, wave starts / starting blocks /
- Different rules in each country
Admission controls - access to the start / finish area only with a start number
Access to the start / finish area only with accreditation
- There will probably be no late registration on site
Because of the requirements, it will in the rarest of cases
Submit late registrations on site.
- Picking up the start number on site will be difficult.
Sending by post may become standard.
- Whether there will be food on the route depends on the local licensing authorities.
- It can be assumed that there are none
Can give target catering.
- It can also be assumed that there is a
Communal catering cannot be given!
Some organizers will be attendees with Meal/value
vouchers in local restaurants feed.
- Showers / changing rooms depend on the location.
- Whether there will be an award ceremony is open.
If so, then in large squares with mask and space!